Sunday, November 01, 2009




Halloween is done, and I’m exhausted! We took in all the Halloween fun we possibly could last week by attending Halloween festivities at the Zoo on Wednesday, the Children’s Museum on Thursday, and Uncle Zach’s Shriners event on Friday. It was a ton of fun, and Addie had a different princess outfit for each of her engagements (thanks Anita & Granny!). Before Halloween even arrived we were up to our armpits in candy.

Then the BIG day arrived, and we had more fun in store. The Sheldon Art Museum was having a Dia de los Muertos celebration with dancing, music and crafts for the kids. Jill joined Addie and me at the museum, where we enjoyed the beautiful masks, altars and music.

Later we met up with cousins Carter and Elsa and friend Sidney for some trick or treat action at the mall. After that we headed over to a friend of Addie’s house for our very first “neighborhood” trick or treating experience. Cate and her parents invited us to come along with them through their beautiful neighborhood. It was a perfect fall night – just cool enough without being cold and a big, bright full moon.

Dennis and Addie headed home to bed after trick or treating ended, but I met up with Jill so we could go out on the town for a bit of our own Halloween fun. Jill is my go-to-girl for Halloween. We’ve celebrated together whenever we can, and it’s always a lot of fun. This time didn’t disappoint.

We headed downtown, and I’ve honestly never seen Lincoln so festive. There were people in costume lining O Street. I wish I’d gotten photos of my favorites, which were: 3 guys dressed as orange construction cones, Billy Blanks (the OxyClean guy), Julia Child, Richard Simmons (a girl), Hanna Montana ( a guy), Rosie the Riveter, an American Idol, Mozart – and I could go on and on. People got really into it.

After all that fun, the Pope’s are pooped! Thank goodness for the extra hour we got with the time change . . .

No comments: