We woke up this morning to snow gently falling. It was enough to cover the ground and lace the trees and fences with white. So pretty! I guess we're due. It's been the most amazingly warm fall. Just 4 days ago Addie and I were walking at the park in our t-shirts.
We all had a nice, long weekend together. I had Thursday and Friday off, and had big plans to accomplish many things - like getting the thank you cards finished. Unfortunately, I didn't get even one written. I curse myself for not getting them done while I was on maternity leave, but I KNOW I wasn't just sitting on the sofa eating bon-bons. I felt like I was at a dead run the entire time. I swear. But then how does my friend Megan, who is expecting her second child this winter, take graduate classes, teach part time, take care of her 2 year old and run a household - when I can't even get thank you notes written?! We didn't get birth announcements sent out either. A couple of our friends had their baby's birth announcements out the week after! Who ARE these people?! I'm in total awe. So, my long weekend was still not long enough, but we had a great weekend together visiting friends and family and getting caught up around the house.

Addie and I took a long walk in the fleeting fall sunshine on Thursday. It was one more chance for me to put sunglasses on Addie. There's just something so funny about seeing a baby in sunglasses. (see what I mean?!)
Addie had an extended period of belly laughing again this weekend. She must be especially happy on Sundays, because the last bout of laughter was a couple of Sundays ago when she was laughing at her uncle Derek's dog. This Sunday she found my friend Megan's two-year-old son extremely amusing. She laughed at him for a solid 10 minutes. Kids are so great. When's the last time we adults spent 10 minutes belly laughing?
1 comment:
Awesome pic!
Steve-O
Post a Comment