Monday, April 17, 2006

Addie enjoyed her first Easter. She looked so cute thanks to her new dress from "Nonie" (John's mom). We spent the day with Dennis' folks. It was a nice relaxing day. Both Addie and I were recovering from colds, so it was nice to just hand out at Grandma and Grandpa Pope's.

Addie caught a nasty bug when we were in Seattle last weekend. I had a meeting in Portland last week, and Dennis and Addie came with me. We were pretty nervous about flying with a her, but she was sooooo good! Thankfully everything went well. We landed in Portland on the afternoon of the the 5th. Although I requested an early check in our hotel room wasn't ready until 3PM, so we had a few hours to kill. I felt so bad for Addie since she'd been up since 4:30 AM, but she was such a trooper! We walked around a really pretty Portland neighborhood and looked at all of the beautiful flowers. It was perfect weather, thankfully. By the time the afternoon rain rolled in we were tucked in our hotel room. After attempting a nap, we decided to take the free MAX train downtown. Portland has great public transportation, so it made it easy to see the city. We walked all around downtown and had a great meal at a local brew house. Dennis was in heaven. Addie just smiled at everyone she met. By the time we got back to our hotel that evening Addie was nodding off.

My meetings went well. Dennis brought Addie over to my meeting twice a day so she could nurse, so Addie got to meet all of my counterparts. She even got to meet the chief of our agency.
On Friday afternoon after my meeting ended we got into our rental car and headed to Seattle. We met up with Jennifer and Suzanna at "The Tummy Temple" where they work. Check it out here http://www.tummytemple.com/colonics_seattle_colon_hydroth.html. Jennifer is a whole foods chef, CN and does colon hydrotherapy. Suzanna also does colon hydrotherapy and abdominal message. It was VERY interesting to visit with them about nutrition and health.

We spent the next two nights at their cabin in the forest of Vashon - an island southwest of Seattle. It was very peaceful compared to downtown Portland. Their cabin had some electricity, but no running water, so we ruffed it a bit, but it was a beautiful spot, and very cozy.

On Sunday we headed to Bellevue, WA to visit friends Misty, Peter and their son Grant. Peter works for MicroSoft, and so did Misty until she became a stay at home mommy this year. We took a short walk from their house to the Microsoft campus, which was covered with a great trail system. A pretty cool commute for Peter!

Later that evening, after some wonderful Indian take away, we turned in early. Unfortunately, I was awakened about an hour later by Addie. I knew something had to be wrong because she NEVER wakes up. She had a fever and a nasty cough, so she pretty much kept the entire house up all night. I felt so bad! Misty and Peter were so gracious and helpful. I was pretty worried because Addie had never been that sick before. Thankfully Addie did wonderfully on the trip home despite being sick. I was so glad to get home. Addie still has a cough, but she's on the mend.

We had a really great time. I'm so glad Addie and Dennis could come with me to my meeting, and we were able to visit friends.

1 comment:

thirdfuerst said...

How come no one ever comments? Now I will!

Cute pics! I want to live like you two! Can I be an honorary Pope?