Last Thursday we had a BBQ to go to for Dennis' work. It was to welcome a new couple that just moved to the area to work at camp. They have a baby boy the same age as Addie. There were actually a lot of babies Addie's age there. It was fun, and all the babies were so sweet.

Friday I hung out with Jill. She postponed her return to Spain for a few weeks, which made me happy since we can spend more time together. I've really missed her. We went shopping at the mall and hit some bargains. I picked up Addie's 1-year old photos from JC Penny's. They're OK. A little too cutesie for me, but they were cheap, and it's high time I had her photo professionally taken. This one is my favorite.
Saturday we went on a double date! It was SO nice! Rich and Marcy were back in town, and we went out to eat at the Blue Orchid, a Thai restaurant in Lincoln. Yummy! We all liked our food, but Marcy's curry was SO hot! I don't know how she managed it. I think the toasted coconut ice cream helped! They shared with us the joys of raising a two-year-old and how having two kids is completely different than just one! We had a lot of laughs, like usual.
Derek and Malia watched Addie for us, and they all seemed to have fun together. All the baby info I've read says that this is the age where Addie should be displaying separation anxiety, but so far, not so much. When I left she just smiled and waved "bye-bye" and continued right on playing.

On Sunday we got together with Rich and Marcy again, but with the kids this time. Their son, Owen, was soooo sweet to Addie. This was the first time we meet our god daughter, Norah. She was born the end of March and is just a sweetheart. Marcy was marveling at the amount of baby clothes she has received. I told her that no one can resist cute little girl clothes, and that I haven't had to buy Addie any clothes yet. It's pretty great!

On Sunday we also visited Grandma Pope's grave. We wanted to show Addie where the person she is named after is buried. Addie was mostly interested in the pretty flowers.
Yesterday Addie went swimming for the first time with Daddy and Aunt Stacy at the YMCA. Dennis said that she didn't really know how to react at first. She was in her doughnut floaty and just floated along not really moving. She did end up splashing around a bit, but it must have felt strange, maybe flashbacks to the womb!
Night before last Addie woke up crying. We now know that means another tooth is breaking through, and sure enough, the next morning her bottom left middle front tooth is peeking through. That makes three teeth and three long nights . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment