I was a little nervous about flying by myself with Addie, even though it was a direct flight out of Lincoln - the world's easiest airport. Still, I was happy when my mom offered to meet us at the airport and assist with baby wrangling while I got checked in, etc. It was a good thing she was there too. Now that Addie can walk it makes keeping her in check even more tricky!
Luckily the flight went OK. We were on a tiny plane and sat next to a very large man. I tried to keep Addie from kicking him, but it wasn't easily. She got a little squirmy/cranky, but he was a
nice man and put up with us. Thank goodness for veggie puffs and cheerioes! We'd have never survived the flight without them! We rented a car (NEVER rent from Advantage BTW) and drove to Ft. Collin's and met Dennis. Addie could then show daddy her new walking skills in person. He was VERY impressed. We were able to spend Sunday in the Estes Park area. We walked the river path through town, had lunch then hiked around Long's Peak that afternoon. It was a perfect weather. It felt like heaven after the heat and humidity we've been having. Addie loved the hike, and the hikers we met loved her. She grinned at everyone she met.
That night we spent the night with Dennis' buddy from high school, Gary. He also has a little girl, and it was fun to see them both as dads. Gary immediately after we arrived started playing "ring around the rosie" with Megan. I bet that was something he'd have never imagined doing in front of his buddy a few years ago. Now Dennis joins right in. It's pretty great.
On Sunday we spent the day at my cousin Julie's new house. We had fun just hanging out with the kids in their HUGE play room. Julie's little girl, who is also named Megan, loved playing with Dennis and Addie.
While in Colorado Addie perfected her walking skills, and now she's walking like she's been able to do it for months. It's just so amazing how quickly she's changing.
It was Grandma Brewer's birthday blow-out last Saturday. Nearly all of Dennis' family got together to celebrate. Dennis' mom could hardly believe her eyes when Addie walked up to her. She kept saying "I can't believe what a big girl she's become".It really is hard to believe that last year at Grandma's birthday Addie was being introduced the the extended family for the first time. She couldn't even roll over, and now she can walk. Amazing. I wonder what changes another year will bring?
2 comments:
Woohoo very exciting news! Congrats on the new skillz Addie!
Congrats on walking! You realize that your lives just became busier don't you? I am going to try to keep Kellen little...forever. Okay, maybe for just a little longer. I always enjoy checking in on you.
Mindy
Post a Comment