Monday, November 10, 2008

A Great Book

This is one of the most inspiring books I’ve read in a long time. It’s about how one man has made a real difference in the villages in the border area of Afghanistan and Pakistan. He has done this not through politics or war, but instead through the simple act of providing children the opportunity to go to school. It’s pretty profound, and speaks to the staggering importance and power of an education.

One of my favorite quotes is by Margaret Mead - “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” This book is about that very thing. We all have the power to make a difference in our own ways. Check it out . . .

1 comment:

Joan's Good Life said...

Hi, just wanted to say that my mother-in-law gave me this book to read and as yet, have not read it. But, having read your comments I must admit that I am inclined to pick up the book and begin reading. Thank you.