I love Halloween. I love seeing little kids in their adorable costumes. I love jack-o-lanterns. I love the theatre of it all. And I’m happy to say so does my daughter.
She had several opportunities to “get her Halloween on” this year. We went to a local church’s “Trunk or Treat” event where we filed through a parking lot full of parishioner’s SUV’s and mini vans that they had decorated for Halloween. We also did Pioneers Park’s “Spooktakular” again this year. Addie is finally old enough to really enjoy this event. I still think her favorite part was just walking down the trail with her BFF, Sydney. Then on Halloween we met up with Syd and Uncle Zach and Aunt Stacy and cousin Carter at the mall for another round of trick or treat.
Addie had always wanted to be a princess for Halloween. I was just planning to put her in the dress she wore for Uncle Derek’s wedding, but Dennis’ coworker had a Snow White dress that fit Addie perfectly. You should have seen her face when Dennis brought that sparkly, poofy dress home. She beamed, and also wore it every night for a week leading up to Halloween.
I will have to say that I think peanut allergies have ruined the candy haul this year. Addie got loads of junky hard candy. Dennis and I are pretty bummed about this.
She had several opportunities to “get her Halloween on” this year. We went to a local church’s “Trunk or Treat” event where we filed through a parking lot full of parishioner’s SUV’s and mini vans that they had decorated for Halloween. We also did Pioneers Park’s “Spooktakular” again this year. Addie is finally old enough to really enjoy this event. I still think her favorite part was just walking down the trail with her BFF, Sydney. Then on Halloween we met up with Syd and Uncle Zach and Aunt Stacy and cousin Carter at the mall for another round of trick or treat.

Addie had always wanted to be a princess for Halloween. I was just planning to put her in the dress she wore for Uncle Derek’s wedding, but Dennis’ coworker had a Snow White dress that fit Addie perfectly. You should have seen her face when Dennis brought that sparkly, poofy dress home. She beamed, and also wore it every night for a week leading up to Halloween.
I will have to say that I think peanut allergies have ruined the candy haul this year. Addie got loads of junky hard candy. Dennis and I are pretty bummed about this.
No comments:
Post a Comment