
Dennis and I did something on Saturday that neither one of us have ever done before. We bought a brand new car. We got a 2009 Honda Civic!
Those who know us best know what a really HUGE deal this is. We are practical and frugal folks. So this was a loooong time coming, but I’m so happy to say that we finally have a vehicle from the 21st Century in the family!
Those who know us best know what a really HUGE deal this is. We are practical and frugal folks. So this was a loooong time coming, but I’m so happy to say that we finally have a vehicle from the 21st Century in the family!
Hurray for ABS breaks and 6 airbags! Hurray for keyless entry and an MP3 jack. Woo-hoo! Hurray for just finally having a car that everything on it works! It’s a beautiful thing.
Of course this purchase did come with a bit of pain. Naturally it was difficult to fork over the chunk of cash, especially during this kooky economy. But what made me the saddest was saying goodbye to my faithful Mazda.

The Mazda was my first grown up car. I sold my 1967 Corvair, which I was also sad to see go, and bought the Mazda in 1997 from one of Ellen’s Hastings College professors. He had babied this car and it was in excellent shape. I hoped it would last, but I had no idea car would run for 18 years and accumulate over 275,000 miles.
Dennis and I joked that we bought Addie’s school car when we bought the Honda. Hopefully that is true, and this car is just as good as the Mazda. But in the meantime, it’s all mommy's and daddy's to enjoy!
Of course this purchase did come with a bit of pain. Naturally it was difficult to fork over the chunk of cash, especially during this kooky economy. But what made me the saddest was saying goodbye to my faithful Mazda.

The Mazda was my first grown up car. I sold my 1967 Corvair, which I was also sad to see go, and bought the Mazda in 1997 from one of Ellen’s Hastings College professors. He had babied this car and it was in excellent shape. I hoped it would last, but I had no idea car would run for 18 years and accumulate over 275,000 miles.
Dennis and I joked that we bought Addie’s school car when we bought the Honda. Hopefully that is true, and this car is just as good as the Mazda. But in the meantime, it’s all mommy's and daddy's to enjoy!
2 comments:
WOW! Big step, congratulations!! Also, in reply to your post below, I'm thankful for you :)
I love the '80's Mazda's! I used to drive a MX-6 before I got the Kia. Mine didn't hold up as well as yours did, but that baby had plenty of miles on it too.
Is the Honda a hybrid?
Post a Comment