They are both such GOOD boys. Ellen would be so proud to see what a sweet, sincere, kind and affectionate boy Jackson is. He looks like her. He has her hands and her easy way of being with people. Ellen would be amazed to see her little baby boy, Parker, run, kick, climb and fearlessly try anything. Parker is smart. He's quiet, but his rivers run deep. He's a thinker - like his daddy. He sits back and assesses the situation then dives right in - but only if he feels like it. He's his own man. I totally dig that.
Ellen was never very cerebral, but she could work a room. I'd be the one hanging back while she'd charm everyone. After working her magic I'd ease out of the shadows. Jackson and Parker seem to have this same sort of thing working. It's so amazing to recognize that in their relationship as siblings.

Jackson said to us a couple times, "I really miss my momma", but he didn't seem sad. This was just a fact stated with the simple honesty of a child. I'd put my arms around him and say, "me too."
We'll always share that loss, but I hope I can also be a link to his mom and teach him all the stuff about her he may not have ever guessed - like she was an amazing dancer. She loved photography. She could sleep through anything. But her biggest legacy is how much she loved her boys and being a wife to John.
3 comments:
What beautiful boys--and a cute cousin, as well. I teared up at this one, but not just because it makes me sad but because I know those boys are blessed that they have you.
I think my heart just exploded. What a touching tribute to your dear sister and her beautiful boys. That picture is a treasure.
I am so glad you all are able to get together with them. How can they possibly be 8 and 6? The boys sound great and my heart aches for them and for you. Your big sister was so much fun. I can imgaine she is missed by many many people.
Post a Comment