On Saturday all of Dennis’ Aunts and Uncle and most of his cousins gathered in Auburn, Neb., to celebrate his grandma’s birthday. It took a little while for Addie to warm up to all the new faces, but she eventually had a great time. She spent most of her time near Scott and Julia’s little girl, Sabrina who had already changed so much since our recent visit to Des Moines. Addie had a lot of fun playing with her cousins.On the way home from Auburn we discovered that the AC in my car was no longer working. This was really lousy timing since it’s been in the upper 90’s all week with horrible humidity. I’m still waiting for it to get fixed. It needs some clutch thingy. All I know is that I don’t know how people ever traveled in cars before AC.

Addie and Dennis went to Cozad this week. Daddy had asked Dennis to help take honey off, and Dennis was excited to give it a try. Despite my accounts of the blistering heat and the claustrophobic feeling of having millions of honey bees buzzing angrily around your head, he was excited for the experience. I stayed behind, and it was really strange to be in our home alone! I did manage to have some fun by going to dinner and the latest Harry Potter movie (two thumbs up!) with Malia.
Dennis and Addie made it back home on Wednesday. Despite picking the hottest week of the summer and getting about 6 six stings Dennis said he enjoyed the work. Addie had a great time with cousins Katherine and Luke, and Dennis finally got to meet baby Devon. We think he looks a lot like his daddy (lucky kid). Granny and granddad sent us home some of daddy’s wonderful BBQ ed brisket and peaches from their tree, so I got a taste of home.
I felt silly at how much I missed them after just two days! It seemed like Addie had even gotten bigger while she was away. I think I'm nuts.
Addie is talking so clearly now. She seems to know some of her colors, and when she goes up the stairs she counts the steps – “five, six, eleven, nine, twelve, three” – you get the idea. It’s so cute! I keep trying to remember the funny things she says so I can write them down, but I never seem to.
Addie gets to hang out with her little buddy Sydney tonight and tomorrow. We’re doing the “kid swap” again with the Aldrich’s so we can each go out on a date. So Dennis and I get to go to dinner and a movie tonight! Sounds perfect on a blazing hot summer night.
2 comments:
So glad you had a good time with the family. Sorry we didn't get to see you while we were in Nebraska. It was so good to get to see family again. I really got to realize how much I miss everyone.
I love the updates about Addie's development. At our house, we have the mysterious "eleventeen." :)
Post a Comment