Saturday, March 01, 2008

Florida Fun

We had such a wonderful trip to Florida. I can't believe it's over. We've been looking forward to it for ages. We were really starting to miss Grandma and Grandpa, and we SOOO needed the break from this endless winter. The only bad part was coming back to extremely cold temps. For the next few mornings Dennis and I bitterly thought about Wes and Carol sitting on their deck drinking coffee and watching the sunrise while we bundled ourselves up in goose down parkas and warmed up our cars in the driveway. Burrrrr! When we landed in KC it wasn't so shocking - like maybe 40 degrees. But when we woke up the next morning it was minus 50 wind chill. That's freeze your face off in 20 minutes cold! Going from 70 to minus 50 in 24 hours can't be good for a person! In fact, I got the flu the Sunday after we landed. Thankfully Dennis and Addie haven't got it. For photos of our trip click on the title of this post and enter in the password "adeline".

No comments: