Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Super Super Bowl Sunday

Addie and I decided to head home to Cozad for a quick visit on Saturday. Dennis had flown to Portland, OR, for a conference on Thursday, and we were feeling lonesome. It turned out to be a beautiful day for a drive.

When we arrived we found dad and David out at the warehouse busily preparing the camper and truck for Dad and Cynthia's 3-week trek south. David was installing Dad's new satellite radio. There's an all Elvis station, so I'm sure that will be getting a lot of use. I just hope he doesn't drive off the road trying to figure out all its buttons!

That night Cynthia whipped up a yummy dinner and invited the Bonds and Anna and David over. Addie and Katherine played together really well. I think they giggled for a solid hour.

Dad and I left the dinner gathering a little early to go in and visit Mamo and Papo. They have moved out of assisted living and into the nursing home. They've been there for just over two weeks now, and the transition hasn't been easy, esp. for Papo. It's harder for him because he physically doesn't need to be there. Mamo really was needing that level of care. She can hardly walk anymore, and was really struggling to care for herself. So Mamo seemed much better than she did at Christmas, but Papo seemed a little blue to me. I'm sure it's soooo hard for him, but I know he wouldn't want to be separated from Mamo. What's also hard is that since Mamo is immobile they haven't been to church for the last two Sundays. It was really strange and sad not to see them in "their" pew - second from the front on the right hand side. I just hate that, but dad says they're looking to find a handivan that can take them to church. I hope and pray they can locate one soon.

Addie and I hit the road shortly after church to drive back to Lincoln. Dennis was scheduled to land in Omaha around 5:30, and we had been invited to a Super Bowl party, so the plan was to just meet up there. Unfortunately, Dennis' flight was delayed. Word to the wise - NEVER schedule your fight through Las Vegas on Super Bowl weekend. Who knew how many fools fly in to Vegas to bet on the Super Bowl? Or maybe we're the fools for never even thinking about that! Anyway, he left Portland at 7a.m. PST and wasn't home until 10:30 CST. It was a LONG day.

I'm glad we had a Super Bowl party to attend while anxiously awaiting Dennis/Daddy's arrival. Addie had a blast with her friends at the Super Bowl party. Within about 5 minutes of our arrival Addie was running through the living room in a purple tutu and beads pushing a grocery cart followed by 4 other little girls all similarly adorned (Erin isn't in the photo). They were much more entertaining than the game or the commercials. I LOVE little girls!!

2 comments:

Other Mother said...

Thanks for the update on your mamo and papo. It's hard to see the changes that age brings, sometimes.

I love the pic of the little girls - so sweet! Their smiles are priceless!

writermom said...

I love little girls, too. Addie is a doll in that tutu :) Thanks for sharing!