Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Undies


Addie was so much fun to watch experience the fun of Easter. At first I wasn’t going to get her an Easter dress, basically because I’m cheap and I hate shopping. But I did end up finding her the sweetest little dress at TJ Max. And she LOVED it! Dennis and I often err on the side of excessive practicality, and our poor daughter suffers the consequences. I need to remember that sometimes the frivolous accumulation of material goods is just plain FUN, and that’s OK. Sometimes that’s hard for us bleeding heart liberal tree hugger types! :)

She just loved her little dress. She would twirl around in it and say “I have a PREDDY dress, mommy!” Then after church with Uncle Derek and Aunty Malia we hit the road for Grandma and Grandpa’s. Addie immediately saw the bunny cake grandma had made and beside the cake was an Easter basket full of goodies.

I guess it was a tradition when Dennis was growing up that every year in their Easter baskets all three Pope kids would be given new undies and socks. Not breaking with tradition - and to celebrate the fact that Addie is now wearing undies - she had a package of bran new “My Little Pony” underwear along side her chocolate bunny.

The most exciting part of the day for Addie was the egg hunt. Since she was the sole egg-hunter, her basket got really full. By the time the egg hunt was nearly finished, her basket was overflowing. Whenever she’d run ahead to the next egg she’d spotted she’d leave a trail of eggs that had fallen out of her basket in her wake. It was pretty cute.

I know I keep saying this, but I love the age Addie is right now. She is just so expressive and funny. We often crack each other up at the dinner table while daddy looks at us in quiet puzzlement. The funniest things pop out of her mouth. The other day she out of the blue said “I’m obnoxious!” in a very enthusiastic voice. (I swear on a stack of bibles that I’ve never called her that, BTW.) My favorite quip so far has got to be when she - bear with me. It’s a potty story - after several minutes on the potty climbed down, turned around and peered into the bowl. She turned her face up at me and said, “WOW! That’s a MAN poop!” Now isn’t that – um, sweet? Anyway, my little girl is such a joy. She’s a complete drama queen and a ham who doesn’t know a stranger. I love her.

No comments: