ss and I immediately pulled the tuque off of Addie’s head and removed my gloves. Spring is coming! I can feel it.That makes the fact that I haven’t blogged all winter glaringly obvious. What am I going to do when I can be out planting peas or sitting in the porch swing instead of inside sitting in front of a computer monitor, blogging!? Still, it does make me sad that I neglected to capture all the beauty of our winter. It’s been pretty great.
Last year I was SO over winter by the end of February, but this year we’ve had just the right
amount of snow without it being ridiculous or treacherous. Plus, it’s been clear, bright and still after the snow so we can go outside and enjoy it! We’ve also had plenty of reprieves from winter with days in the 50’s, 60’s and now 70’s (today).Our snug little house has been a perfect winter refuge. Addie all the time says “I like home,” and I completely agree. We received several games for Christmas, and we spent many winter nights on the floor in front of the fire playing “Shoots and Ladders,” “Candyland” or “Princes Memory”. That’s a perfect “date night.”

Speaking princes, Addie is still fully in her “princess phase.” She loves all things pink, poofy and princess. We’re swiftly making it through the Disney staples – Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, but her favorite is “The Little Mermaid.” She’ll break into the – “ah,ah,Ah – ah, ah, AH” – Aerial theme song several times a day. The kid loves to sing!
We’ve really enjoyed winter for just being able to spend a lot of time together. I love that about winter. Dennis’ schedule slows WAY down, and we have full, continual weekends together to just hang out. It’s great.
I know Addie has really loved it too. She is such a sweet little kid. The other day she put her arms around Dennis’ and my legs, looked up at us and said, “I love my parents.” I mean come ON!
So, it’s been a wonderful winter full of cozy, warm memories. We haven’t been up to anything really earth-shattering - just watching the snow flakes fall and listen to the fire crackle, and now, I’m not sure I’m ready for spring.
Maybe a good March blizzard will change my mind!
2 comments:
I LOVE the barn picture. Perfect!!
What a wonderful wintry entry! You have a beautiful home and a beautiful family!
Post a Comment