Four!?
We celebrated Addie’s birthday by having a BBQ and invited all of her little girlfriends an
d their families. Granny and Granddad made the trip from Cozad and brought cousin Katherine along. Grandma and Grandpa Pope, Dennis' brother and sister and their failies were there too - even Auntie Malia - who was 8 days overdue made the party! Addie was pretty thrilled to have some of her favorite people together. Plus there were LOTS of chocolate cupcakes; so that always makes for a good time.I have to say that I love four. I probably said the same thing about three, but four is GREAT! She is so AWARE of EVERYTHING. She asks the best questions. Some are silly. Some are gross (I won’t share them here.) Some are serious (Momma, what happens to us when we die?). Some are humbling (Momma, are you unhappy at me?). Some are spiritual (Momma, why can’t we see God?). But they all offer a small glimpse into her little mind, and I love what I’m seeing.
It’s especially sweet to hear what’s on her mind at bedtime. She’s been saying the same bedtime prayer for months now - “Dear Lord. Thank you for my friends, my family, my kitty and my toy house (aka doll house).” Then she may throw in some embellishments – like grandparents or girlfriends – whatever is on her mind.
Lately she’s been praying for her band new baby cousin, Elsa. Elsa was born the day after Addie’s 4th birthday. It’s been so fun to see how excited Addie is about this lates
t arrival. Adeline is a sweet, sensitive, creative, happy, easy going, beautiful kid. (I’m partial) But she IS! It’s been such a pleasure and a joy to watch her grow.
Just don’t do it too fast, OK? It seems like just yesterday Addie was as big as Elsa Mae.
1 comment:
Happy Big Girl Birthday! I remember when you were a little one, too, and can't believe any of our babies are these amazing big kids that they are today! I agree, how fun, but please don't have time go soooooo quickly--we want to enjoy every moment of your childhood.
Post a Comment