
Addie turned 7 months old this past weekend. She spent her 7-month birthday surrounded by family since we celebrated Christmas with Dennis' family on the 18th. She had a lot of fun with her new presents, but we all think that she got the biggest kick out of the wrapping and tissue paper. She played with that far more than any of her presents!
I also celebrated my 34th birthday this past weekend. We spent the day celebrating Christmas with Dennis' extended family in Auburn, Neb. It was an unexpectedtly smaller group this year since all of the Bebb family stayed home to be near John, who had suffered a heart attack earlier in the week. So, they were all most certainly on our minds and in our prayers. Erik and Dixie (who is teaching in Casablanca) were also missed.
We played games (Sudoku rules!), exchanged gifts, and watched the Husker volleyball team loose their shot at the national title. But the most entertaining activity was the many attempts people took at trying to ride the unicycle Uncle Chuck brought. Dennis, who I think is a circus performer at heart, tried and tried to master the thing, but finally gave up. Derek nearly killed himself trying to ride it, and somehow projected himself across the room - rather gracefully I might add. We gave him a 10 out of 10 for style.
I "officially" celebrated my birthday a couple days earlier when my friend Malia and I went to the U2 concert in Omaha. I have been a HUGE U2 fan for about 20 years. This was the third time I've seen them live - the last time being 13 years ago - so I was definitely feeling a LOT older this time around. (i.e. having to go home and pump after the concert. My how things have changed! : ) It was a great show, but I found myself feeling really melancholy during the show. It really made me miss Ellen. We were at their concert together last time. It was just another moment where I longed for my sister. I know how much she would have loved to hear a play-by-play of the show and want to know every detail. Dennis tolerated my description of the show, but there's just no substitute for your sister. Thank goodness for girlfriends! It was great going with Malia (that's her in the photo. She wanted me to make sure everyone understood that she's making a "U" with her hand, and not picking her nose!). This was her first show "after having missed seeing U2 on two different continents!". It will be a birthday I'll never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment