Tuesday, December 13, 2005




We were blessed to spend Thanksgiving at my parent's place in Cozad. We had a wonderful meal. About 25 of us were seated at one incredibly LONG table. Dennis and I were at the very end, along with my brother David and Anna. As we waited patiently for the food to make its way to us David quipped "Man, it's annoying having all of this food!" - meaning he wanted to eat already and stop passing around dish after dish. Anyway, it totally cracked up our end of the table because I think we were all kind of feeling like that, but leave it to David to express it! It just seemed laughable to all of us to be "annoyed" at having so many loved ones and so much food gathered around the same table that we were growing impatient and wanting to EAT already! A sure sign that we have MUCH for which to be thankful!

There were a few new traditions added to the old at this year's Thanksgiving - water rockets, a mean game of 4-square, Daddy staying awake for an entire movie, but we still had the "what I'm most thankful for" book, which Cynthia started over 10 years ago. It was so neat to go back and read what everyone wrote, especially Ellen. Her last entry was from 2002, and she wrote that she was most thankful for being a mom and wife. That was all she had ever wanted to be. I'm also thankful she was able to live out her dream, if only for awhile.

My favorite "new" tradition (at least I think it should become a tradition) was Anna's "pamper party". All us girls gathered at her place and ate chocolate and gave each other manicures, messages and other TLC. It was great! The guys meanwhile watched the Huskers kill Colorado!

This year it is easy to count my blessings. I have been so blessed with a beautiful baby girl. I'm thankful for my dear husband. And I'm thankful for my family. David and Anna are expecting their first baby. Chris and Melissa are expecting their first baby girl. My grandparents are in good health and were able to celebrate with us. I am thankful for the love and support of Dennis' family, especially his mom watching Addie so willingly and joyfully every-other Friday. I am thankful for dear friends who have supported us during a year of many challenges and changes.

Our cup overflows.





No comments: