Friday, January 13, 2006


We had a nice surprise last Friday when Addie and I were taking a walk down the road. Grandma and Grandpa Halbgewachs drove up! We knew they were going to be spending the night, but they arrived earlier than expected, so we has someone to hang out with the rest of the afternoon! Grandma Cynthia and Mocha the dog finished our walk with us. This was one of the few walks that Addie actually stayed awake for. She's usually out by the time we reach the end of our driveway.

Dennis bought one of those big jogging strollers that can also be hooked up to a bike, cross country skis, and converts to just a regular stroller. Addie really seems to enjoy it, and Dennis loves it because he can get out of the house! The weather has been so mild that he's really gotten a lot of use out of it already. I'm sure it will be used daily once spring arrives. There are several trails close by.

The introduction of new foods continues. Last night it was beets. I WISH I had had the video camera going. She made the worst face! Dennis said he understood her reaction perfectly. Not a beet fan. Guess I'll have to eat all of the beets I froze from the garden myself . . .

1 comment:

Badura Kids said...

Hi Joanna,
What a beautiful baby!!! You'll never guess but it was only recently I found out about your thyroid and I'm so happy things seem to be going well. Love the web page and I hope you don't mind that Mindy M.V. gave it to me. Congratulations on making it so long while nursing...it truly is a challenge but well worth it!
Love ya!
Laurel