Tuesday, January 03, 2006


Happy New Year!! We celebrated the new year quietly at home with friends Rich and Marcy. Rich and Dennis kept Addie and Owen (they're two year old) while Marcy and I went to the movies ("The Family Stone", two thumbs up!). What a treat for us! It was great "girl time". We then rewarded the boys by bringing home the movie of their choice, which was "The Dukes of Hazard". For all of you who grew up in the 70's you may have spent your Friday nights watching the Duke boys - as did Rich and Dennis. Unfortunately, the 2005 Duke boys should instead be called "Degenerate boys". We made it about a quarer of the way through the movie before Marcy and I were asleep and the guys shut it off, dismayed at how Hollywood had ruined their childhood heroes. At least the car is still cool. We then broke out the champagne (sparkeling apple juice for Marcy since she's pregnant) and rang in the New Year in two different time zones and talked about all the other new years eves we had spent together. We were feeling pretty proud of ourselves that we made it past midnight!

I said I'd post photos of Victoria Grace when I had them. You may find several photos of her at http://www.flickr.com/photos/taylorspot She's a cutie! We spoke with Melissa last night, and she sounded really well. Tory is doing just great, and the boys are wonderful big brothers. Addie can't wait to meet her newest cousin.

No comments: