Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day! I already had my heart melt this morning when I heard through the baby monitor Dennis getting Addie out of her crib. He whispered"Good morning my little valentine". Awhhh. A dozen roses can't be better than that.

We celebrated Dennis' 34th birthday this past weekend. We didn't do much on his actual birthday, but Dennis and I had a date on Saturday. We went to the movies. We hadn't been to the movies together, just the two of us, in ages. I was pretty excited!! We went to see "Walk the Line" since Dennis is a big Johnny Cash fan. It was a good flick. We had a great time.

I wish I could say the same thing for mom, who kept Addie for us. For some unknown reason Addie cried for about 2 hours at mom's. When we went to pick her up she was passed out in the bedroom (Addie not mom, although she was pretty worn out too!). Poor baby - and poor Grandma! Sheesh. So much for date night!

On Sunday we all went down to Dennis' folks to celebrate Dennis' birthday. It was the first time we were all together since mom and dad Pope had returned from their month-long vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. Dennis' mom baked him his favorites - kings ranch chicken and cherry chip cupcakes. It was nearly a perfect day except Derek beat him in "Uno Attacks". That's good though. Keeps Dennis humble!

No comments: