
In our last entry I told you how Addie's doctor was concerned about her growth and ordered a blood test to check her thyroid. Thankfully that test came back without any problems indicated. We don't really think there's anything the matter. She's right on track developmentally, but she is really small. That has been emphasized lately when she gets around other kids. Here's a photo of Addie with her pals at a recent Super Bowl party (Addie is in the blue). The babies are lined up in birth order and Addie is about the same size as the twins who are 2 months younger than her.

Speaking of babies, February 18-19th we visited my family in Cozad and Addie got to hang out with her cousin Katherine who is just 2 months old. It was pretty fun getting these little girls together. Addie was so in love with Katherine! She just stared and stared at her. Now, we need to get cousin Tori to visit and we'd have all the "girls" together!
This past weekend we celebrated Dennis' mom's 60th birthday. (I hope that's OK I posted grandma Pope's age!). Dennis borrowed camp's 15 passenger van and we all loaded up in it
and headed down to Nebraska City to Arbor Trail Winery - the Nebraska cooperative winery Dennis' folks are part owners of and supply grapes to (check it out at http://www.arbortrailswinery.com/). Addie enjoyed all the pretty bottles to look at and try and grab. But what she really got a kick out of was the corks. She loved chewing on them! I think they must have felt good to her gums - or maybe she's just a real fan of Edelweiss and Blush! Naturally several "put a cork in it" jokes were made and photos taken. It was pretty funny at the time. Must have been the wine . . .
2 comments:
Glad to here Addie's tests were all ok - Grant's doing the crawl backwards and get frustrated thingy too... Pretty funny.
I just love reading your blog. Bill said to tell you that being able to crawl backwards is a sign of great intelligence!! I can crawl backwards, too! lol What a cutie, talk to you soon.
Post a Comment