Wednesday, December 05, 2007

We had such a beautiful fall. I’m sad to see it go, and go it has. The day before Thanksgiving we saw our first snow. It was thrilling to see the big, fat flakes zooming out of the north, but also shocking to the system. November had been so warm! We hadn’t even started our stove. That all changed this week.

And so the day after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree. We put on the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas album and got to work. Dennis patently fixed the lights and assembled the tree. I un-dug all of the ornaments.

Addie helped decorate the tree this year. She would carefully inspect the unbreakable ornaments and then place them on the tree. I later noticed that she had piled them all into one branch. I should have left it alone, but I re-decorated the tree when she lost interest. When it was all done we sat back and ceremoniously plugged in the lights and enjoyed the dusting of snow on the ground. Christmas season is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Muppets really mark the season, do they not?

We put our tree up on Thanksgiving day. But no snow, none at all. :-( In fact it was about 75 today in Atlanta. Merry Christmas!
--Chris