
This past weekend marked a couple BIG milestones. On Friday my dear friend, Malia, married my dear brother-in-law, Derek, on a beautiful spring evening.
Derek and Malia met at St. E’s hospital. They were both there visiting us after Addie was born. Malia, Megan, and Stacy all happened to visit the same time Derek was there. As it turned out, they noticed each other that day, and as they say - the rest is history!

The other major milestone celebrated was Addie’s 3rd birthday.
For the past few weeks/months Addie has been asking me if she’s three. So when the day finally arrived I went to get her out of bed and started singing “Happy Birthday to YOU!” at the top of my lungs. When I opened her bedroom door she was standing in her bed grinning ear to ear.
We started celebrating right away with some chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Granny and Granddad called and also sang Happy Birthday to her. This started a trend, and throughout the day Addie would ask, “Momma, can we sing?” and we’d break into the birthday song again.
The day was actually pretty quiet. With the wedding and all the fun surrounding it we were both pretty pooped come Sunday. Addie and I did whip up a birthday cake from scratch – which turned out pretty yummy if I do say so myself.
Dennis got home that evening, and we sang happy birthday AGAIN, and then dug into the cake. We finished the evening with a partial viewing of “Chicken Run”, and then it was off to bed.
I think she had a pretty good day. She knew it was birthday, and seemed really excited. That made it really fun.
I remember feeling really sad on Addie's birthday last year because my baby had changed so much. But this year I wasn't sad at all. Nostalgic, maybe, but I've learned that every year just gets better and better. And every year I grow to love her more and more.
I can’t believe my baby girl is three.
Derek and Malia met at St. E’s hospital. They were both there visiting us after Addie was born. Malia, Megan, and Stacy all happened to visit the same time Derek was there. As it turned out, they noticed each other that day, and as they say - the rest is history!

The other major milestone celebrated was Addie’s 3rd birthday.
For the past few weeks/months Addie has been asking me if she’s three. So when the day finally arrived I went to get her out of bed and started singing “Happy Birthday to YOU!” at the top of my lungs. When I opened her bedroom door she was standing in her bed grinning ear to ear.
We started celebrating right away with some chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Granny and Granddad called and also sang Happy Birthday to her. This started a trend, and throughout the day Addie would ask, “Momma, can we sing?” and we’d break into the birthday song again.

The day was actually pretty quiet. With the wedding and all the fun surrounding it we were both pretty pooped come Sunday. Addie and I did whip up a birthday cake from scratch – which turned out pretty yummy if I do say so myself.
Dennis got home that evening, and we sang happy birthday AGAIN, and then dug into the cake. We finished the evening with a partial viewing of “Chicken Run”, and then it was off to bed.
I think she had a pretty good day. She knew it was birthday, and seemed really excited. That made it really fun.
I remember feeling really sad on Addie's birthday last year because my baby had changed so much. But this year I wasn't sad at all. Nostalgic, maybe, but I've learned that every year just gets better and better. And every year I grow to love her more and more.
I can’t believe my baby girl is three.
3 comments:
Ummmm cake! You go Addie!
Happy 3rd birthday, dear Adeline!
Love,
Alex
p.s. i miss u
Happy Birthday, sweet Addie! Your right, Joanna--every year just keeps getting better and better and you fall more in love with your child as you watch them become her own person!
Post a Comment