Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you wonderful moms out there – and grandmas, too! I’d especially like to send a very special shout out to Grandma Pope.

Ever since Addie was three months old Grandma Pope has been spending one day every other week babysitting her. This has been such a huge blessing for us all. A big blessing for Dennis and me who knew Addie couldn’t have been in better hands and a blessing for Addie who now has such a beautiful relationship with her Grandma.

Next month Grandma will relinquish her responsibilities as Addie moves on to pre-school. This hardly seems possible to Dennis and I.

Dennis seemed a little blue this morning, and when I asked him why he said it was because his time at home with Addie is going to change. Our baby girl will inch out more into the big ole world. I know she’ll thrive. She’ll have a wonderful time, but we also know that times are a-changin’.

So, thank you Grandma for helping make our kooky child care arrangements work for the past three years. You have been a blessing to our little girl and to us.

My Mother’s Day weekend was very nice. Dennis’ present to me was to clean the entire house, do all the laundry, fold it and put it all away while I took a Korean cooking class with friends on Saturday. Who could ask for a better gift than that?

Sunday was also a very special day. We all gathered at Sheridan Lutheran for Carter’s baptism. He was so sweet. He slept through the entire thing.

It was a beautiful afternoon so after the baptism celebration we went home and planted trees, shrubs and the garden. Addie and I were in charge of the garden. Addie dug intently in the dirt and helped me plant spinach, lettuce, peas, cucumbers, carrots, beans, tomatoes, bell peppers and zucchini. Now, we’ll see if any of it grows!

No comments: