When Dennis said that he and Addie would be spending the week in Cozad, I didn’t panic. I actually thought it would be fun to have some quality ME time. I could hang out with friends, eat out, shop, get a pedicure and see a movie in an actual movie theater.
The week started off nice. I got a much-needed pedicure with my mom-in-law on Monday. Went shopping on Tuesday. Went shopping again on Wednesday – to take back stuff I bought on Tuesday. (I’m obviously out of practice.) Tonight I’m going to a movie with Malia. So, I’ve had a really fun-filled week. It’s been nice, but - I MISS MY BABY!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
I’m trying to be strong, but I miss my sweet little girl. I walk by her room, and my heart hurts. I miss her asking me a ton of questions – “Momma, is Addie three?” or “Momma, does Albert (our cat) have a jinee (vagina)?” I miss her just spontaneously saying, “Momma, I love you.”, and giving me hugs and kisses. Or her keeping my road rage in check “Momma! Don’t shout at people”. Or her breaking loudly into song “JUST A SPOON FULL OF SUGAR!!” I LIVE for that!
Now, don’t get me wrong. I also miss Dennis. I HATE it when he’s gone. But Dennis and I are used to being apart. We never lived in the same town, or country for that matter, while we were dating, and with camp he’s usually MIA pretty much all summer, so we’ve got the whole being apart thing DOWN.
With Addie it’s a whole different ballgame. This is the first time I’ve ever been apart from Addie for longer than a few days. It will have been SIX whole days!!!
She’ll probably be in a training bra and shaving her legs when I see her again. Sniff.
No comments:
Post a Comment